Too expensive and bad management.
I am living now for a year at 1 Franklin Town and the building is fine but does not look anything close to the website. When I moved in the apartment, it was a pretty good value:
- Pretty large apartment but very old appliances
- Building has a gym but equipment is old and it often smells as no AC (they just "renovated" but nothing changed
- The building has a sauna and steam room in the changing room next to the gym, but it is so old and dirty that I would not recommend using it
- Pool but too small to swim laps
- Good outdoor space with BBQs, though half of them are usually not working
Again for the price I paid this was all fine until a got my offer for renewal, with a rent increase of 7-10%, depending on the length of the new lease (10-15 months). The management does not negotiate and it is a take it or move out, which is not the way I like to be treated as a tenant. Their excuse is a "system" they have in place, which takes current rent prices in Philadelphia and vacancies rate into account.
I decided not to move out and two weeks after my new lease started, the rent on the webpage for 1 bedroom similar to mine, dropped to below my current rent. What a convenient coincidence for the managment of the building. When I asked the managment about this and complained, I just got a rather rude response that there is nothing they can do about it.
I would never move here again and will move out next year when my current lease expires.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!